Are you a west Michigan high school senior heading to The Ohio State University next fall?
Alumni Scholars Program
The Ohio State Alumni Scholars Program provides recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshman. Our Ohio State Alumni Club of West Michigan sponsors this Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) for local incoming freshmen to attend any of Ohio State’s campuses. It is coordinated by The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Inc. and The Ohio State University Office of Financial Aid.
• Each alumni scholarship award is based on merit only.
• The scholarship money may be used to attend any of Ohio State’s campuses.
• The process involves screening, interviewing and selecting a recipient(s) for this merit based award. Students interested should check with their guidance office or contact our Alumni Scholarship Chair as indicated below.
Who is eligible?
The Office of Student Financial Aid selects a recipient(s) based on club recommendations. To receive the ASP award, the student must:
• Be admitted to the university.
• Be recommended by school principals, counselors, and/or teachers based on scholastic ability and character.
• Have a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community.
• Impress the club’s scholarship committee during the personal interview by demonstrating a sound interest and positive attitude toward college.
• Attend high school in the county/area in which the participating alumni club’s membership is based.
If you are interested, please contact Carolyn Hummel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 231-924-3372 (home) or 616-634-5368 (cell) for more information.
February 3, 2017 is the deadline for any applicants.